Use of the Ninjer Snacks recipe and the resulting foodstuff is provided by
Nefarious, subject to the notices, terms, and conditions set forth below and on the http://fu.x0r.org web site, including, but not limited to those in the
to use of this recipe from time to time.
The following quantities should feed 4 hungry people comfortably.
1 package high quality flour tortillas (the larger the better, I prefer 'Guerrero' brand)
1 'baby loaf' tillamook sharp/extra sharp cheddar cheese (nothing else comes close)
3 medium-large avacados. When purchasing, try to find ones that are pliable, but not too 'squishy'
1 small-medium onion. Walla-Walla sweets are good if you can get them.
2 small-medium vine ripened tomatos
assorted spices (paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, etc)
some stores sell 'guacamole mix powder', which is actually pretty good
The guacamole should be made first, ahead of time. After mixing, it should be placed in the fridge to allow for the flavors to meld for at least 30 minutes, preferably 60.
1) Slice the avacados down the center, around the pit, pull the halves apart. Remove the pit.
2) Scoop out the 'meat', and place into a bowl.
If you want to prevent oxidation, you can squeeze some lemon/lime juice into the bowl and mix.
3) Dice the onion into 1/4 inch pieces, add to bowl.
4) Dice the tomatoes into small pieces, add to bowl.
5) Add spices to taste (I usually do about 1 tsp paprika, 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder)
6) Mix with fork. Smash the avacado pieces until you are left with a smooth paste-like solution.
7) Place in fridge.
2 tortillas per person will fill anybody up.
1) Turn oven on 'Broil' at highest temp, place oven rack 1 step down from the top.
2) Grate the cheese, you'll need enough to cover each tortilla completely.
3) Once the element is red hot, put as many tortillas as will fit without overlap on the top rack.
4) Watch the tortillas. If they start bubbling up, pull the rack out and push them down with a towel/fork.
5) Flip them once the top side gets medium brown, repeat step 4.
6) Remove from oven, cover with a uniform layer of cheese, place back in oven.
7) Remove from oven when cheese is fully melted/bubbly.
8) let cool for a minute so the cheese reverts to semi-solidity.